Claire Brandon, M.D.
Dr. Claire Brandon is a dual board-certified psychiatrist through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Adult Psychiatry and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry. She completed her residency at The Mount Sinai Hospital where she served as Chief Resident. She went on to complete her fellowship in consultation-liaison psychiatry sub-specializing in gastrointestinal psychiatry at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. Dr. Brandon also completed a fellowship in Public Psychiatry at the NYU School of Medicine and is passionate about changing the availability of mental health care services in America.
She has worked with Crohn’s and Colitis patients, IBS patients, and bowel endometriosis with improvements in anxiety and illness anxiety. Dr. Brandon also utilizes biofeedback and is certified with the Heart Math Institute.
Dr. Brandon is part of the Rome Foundation and the Crohn’s and Colitis foundation IBD-Reach committee. She is a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and a member of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry and has been a presenter at the Academy’s annual national conference in her work on GI psychiatric care.
Dr. Claire Brandon, M.D. fills the role not only of psychiatrist here at Whole Body Psychiatry, but as host of the GI Psychiatrist Podcast.
Our Treatment Promise
We promise to be accepting of your needs and your goals, be responsive and accessible to you, and will ensure you have a clear understanding of your treatment plan.
Every patient is unique and receives an evaluation and treatment options specifically tailored to their specific needs.
Education and Training
- Fellowship, Public Psychiatry: NYU School of Medicine, Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences
- Consult Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship, Reproductive and Women’s Health, GI Disorders, Neurological Issues, Transplant, Oncology: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- General Psychiatry Residency: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Bachelor’s Degree, Biology: Capital Univeristy
- Assistant Medical Director: New York State Office of Mental Health
- Private Practice and Consulting: Claire Brandon, MD
- Attending Psychiatrist and Junior Analytic Teaching Faculty: Blanton-Peale Institute & Counseling Center
- Psychiatric Consultant: Mental Health Service Corps
- Physician: The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Attending Psychiatrist: Lenox Hill Hospital
- Attending Psychiatrist: Metropolitan Center for Mental Health Inc.
- Assertiveness Training
- Bipolar Disorder
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Identity Issues
- Oncology Patients
- Patients with Neurological Issues
- Reproductive Psychiatry
- Transplant Patients
- Women Looking To Advance In Their Careers